Current Job Openings
Job Title: Account Executive
Department: Direct Sales
Reports To: Manager of Inside Sales
Location : Windsor, CT / Remote
Promotes the sale of Vantis Life’s Term and Whole Life Products to new and existing clients through incoming calls generated by Marketing Campaigns and by making outbound calls to existing customer lists. Trained to capture, develop, qualify and conduct a needs analysis in order to determine eligibility/rating class for each consumer and make recommendations based on which product (graded / non graded whole life or term insurance) best meets their need. Ensures each consumer has the insurance protection inforce by following through on each case. Sign-on bonus is available.
Call Center Environment
- Manages time well by answering incoming calls and maximizing slower periods with making outbound calls.
- Utilizes exceptional phone skills and exudes a likeable and confident personality.
- Follows script to ensure compliance, call control and to maximize sales performance.
- Utilizes sales script which follows the building blocks of making sales.
- Self motivates and has a passion for continually exceeding personal best performance.
- Adapts quickly and implements feedback shared individually, through emails or meetings.
- Achieves and exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Ensures each consumer has the insurance protection by following through on each case by working closely with the Senior Sales Coordinator.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System / Lifetime System
- Utilizes the CRM to input leads, update notes and set tasks to follow-up on prospects and cases that have been submitted to move along to an inforce status.
- Reviews data on CRM dashboard to improve and maximize performance.
- Inputs information accurately and real-time.
- Utilizes Lifetime System to process applications.
Licensing / Product Knowledge / Procedures
- Keeps current with all licensing requirements.
- Is resourceful and takes ownership of learning products and procedures.
Other Duties as Assigned
- 1-2 years Sales Call Center experience.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent. Must have a valid Connecticut Life Insurance License or obtain this within 4 weeks from date of hire.
Skills & Abilities
Ability to effectively communicate both in oral and written format. Basic computer skills which include company sales specific software applications. Adapts well to new procedures. The ability to develop and maintain favorable relationships with internal and external customers including new and existing clients in order to increase revenue. Ensures that Vantis Life products consistently meet the client’s needs. The incumbent must maintain a producers license and adhere to company’s sales standards and practices at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. They are regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel or lift/carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
Job Title: AS400 Programmer Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Vice President of Information Technology
Location: Windsor, CT
Performs the operational and support functions including but not limited to: GIAS Life and Annuity Administration system, General Ledger System, AS/400 programs/reports, monitoring off hours systems processing, systems availability, etc.
- Supports all facets of processing, reporting, programming, installing updates, etc. for GIAS Policy Admin system, GLP Ledger system, and programs running on an AS/400 platform.
- Monitors and supports daily operations with Computer Operator for off-hours processing.
- Maintains knowledge of current insurance technical regulations and ensures departmental compliance.
- Maintains effective communication with other departments and employees to reach mutually agreeable goals.
- Communicates effectively with representatives of internal and external users and management.
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to meet optimum performance levels.
- Recommends enhancements to improve system operations and efficiency.
- Assumes additional duties as assigned
- 5 years technical experience working with IBM AS/400, and Intel based systems.
- Experience with SQL and DB2 databases, and with integration of these database and other systems are required.
- Programming skills with RPG, and scripting languages are required.
- Experience with life insurance and annuity policy administration systems is required.
- Familiarity with Java and experience deploying software ear updates are desired.
- Reporting package experience including Crystal Reports, Cognos are desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical/programming experience
Skills & Abilities
- Substantial knowledge of the life insurance admin system and peripheral systems to ensure compliance with all state, federal and industry requirements.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong aptitude for identifying and setting priorities.
- Ability to efficiently handle changing demands and high volume.
- Proficient in systems programming needed to support the company needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. They are regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel or lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
Vantis Life Insurance Company/Penn Mutual is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran’s status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout the company are available to Penn Mutual and Vantis Life Associates and external candidates and are evaluated on the basis of position qualifications.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
Let us help you put the pieces together for your career opportunity. For more information, contact or submit a resume to HR@vantislife.com.