Current Job Openings
POSITION AVAILABLE: SYSTEMS ANALYST
DEPT. INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Administer and coordinate Company service operations with all interconnected Company databases and systems. Provide operational support for Production systems and infrastructure. Develop, maintain, and administer in-house and COTS software systems.
• Assist in the administration, coordination, and technical support of the Company systems and technology infrastructure.
• Assist in development of in-house database, programs and sub-programs. Follow Company defined SDLC process and documentation requirements.
• Interact with vendors regarding system performance, availability, and system uptimes.
• Work with management on any needed changes acting as the interface with vendors and internal departments.
• Act as a liaison between IT department and all other Vantis Life departments.
• Assume additional duties as requested.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 2-4 years of experience with Microsoft SQL or other query languages.
• 2-4 years of experience with database administration or maintenance.
• 2-4 years of experience working with XML, API, and web services.
• 2-4 years of experience working with .NET, Java, or other programming languages
POSITION TITLE: ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT and PRODUCT ACTUARY
Manages product design and pricing projects. Ensures appropriate product profitability. Manages actuarial aspects of state filings from the initial filing through product approval.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages product development and pricing projects
a. Researches and recommends product development opportunities.
b. Creatively designs products in conjunction with other Company departments to meet Company goals and distribution needs.
c. Coordinates product design and pricing effort with Marketing, Underwriting, and Investment Depts.
d. Develops appropriate assumptions for product pricing.
e. Ensures product pricing meets profitability targets.
f. Develops processes to effectively streamline product design and pricing work.
g. Obtains proficiency in models used for pricing, such as MG-ALFA®.
h. Performs vigorous model validation and review to ensure accuracy of results.
i. Fully documents product design and pricing work.
j. Follows actuarial model governance procedures.
2. Manages actuarial aspects of product regulatory requirements and state filings
a. Researches and applies state statutes and regulations to product design and pricing as well as to filing requirements for the actuarial memorandum and supporting exhibit development.
b. Provides responses to state filings and any subsequent objections.
c. Develops processes to effectively streamline state filing work.
d. Provides New York self-support certification and documentation.
3. Product Risk Assessment
a. Clearly evaluates and describes product design and pricing risks.
b. Provides statutory and GAAP pricing results. Identifies short and long term earnings impact, including first year surplus strain and capital impacts.
c. Works with financial actuary to identify risks to Company financial statements resulting from product design, pricing or proposed sales levels.
d. Provides strategic and tactical recommendations to improve Company profitability, sales levels and overall success.
4. Product Implementation
a. Participates on the Product Development Implementation Committee.
b. Provides necessary values for illustration and administrative systems, such as premiums, cash values and dividends.
a. Responsible for dividend determination and Illustration Actuary testing.
b. Stays up to date on regulations affecting product design, pricing and actuarial filing requirements.
c. Compliance with NY Reg. §4228, including product filings, NY Supplement exhibits and year-end testing.
d. Profitability review and analysis of in force blocks, in conjunction with the financial actuary.
e. Peer review of financial models.
6. Assumes additional duties and projects as requested.
Bachelor’s degree and attained Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA). Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) with continuing education enabling signing of actuarial memorandums and certifications to support product filings.
The successful candidate will be an FSA with several years of post-FSA work experience, primarily in life insurance and annuities product development. Supervisory experience a plus.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills. Significant relevant product design and pricing experience are a must. Able to work well as part of a team. Strong analytical skills. Able to consider broader view of work, recognize short and long term financial implications, impact on other areas of the Company and the sales force, as well as any other relevant considerations. The candidate should be able to provide business insight that helps the Company improve profitability and/or reduce or minimize risk. Proficiency in MG- ALFA® or other modeling software. Strong Microsoft Excel and Access skills.
Supervises actuarial analyst where possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. They are regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and be able to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
- The employee regularly will be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
Let us help you put the pieces together for your career opportunity. For more information, contact or submit a resume to HR@vantislife.com.