Current Job Openings
Job Title: Account Executive
Department: Direct Sales
Reports To: Manager of Inside Sales
Location: Windsor, CT / Remote
Develops and promotes the sale of Vantis Life’s Term/Whole Life insurance and Annuity products to existing clients and new prospects through leads originated by Direct Marketing Campaigns or through existing customers. Utilizes the ability to capture, develop, qualify and conduct a needs analysis in order to determine eligibility/rating class for each consumer and make recommendations based on which product (graded/non graded whole life or term insurance) meets their need.
Call Center Environment
- Manages time well by answering incoming calls and maximizing slower periods with making outbound calls.
- Utilizes exceptional phone skills and exudes a likeable and confident personality.
- Follows script to ensure compliance, call control and to maximize sales performance.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System / Lifetime
- Utilizes the CRM to input leads, update notes and set tasks to maximize sales.
- Reviews data on CRM dashboard to improve and maximize performance.
- Inputs information accurately and real-time.
- Utilizes Lifetime to process applications.
- Utilizes sales script which follows the building blocks of making sales.
- Self motivates and has a passion for continually exceeding personal best performance.
- Adapts quickly and implements feedback shared individually, through emails or meetings.
- Achieves and exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Ensures each consumer has the insurance protection by following through on each case by working closely with the Senior Sales Coordinator.
Licensing / Product Knowledge / Procedures
- Keeps current with all licensing requirements.
- Is resourceful and takes ownership of learning products and procedures.
Assumes additional duties as requested.
- 1-2 years Life Insurance Sales Call Center experience.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Equivalent experience. Must have a valid Connecticut Life Insurance License or obtain this within 2 months of date of hire.
Skills & Abilities
Ability to effectively communicate both in oral and written format. Basic computer skills which include company sales specific software applications. Adapts well to new procedures. The ability to develop and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue. Ensures that Vantis Life products consistently meet the client’s needs. The incumbent must maintain a producers license and adhere to company’s sales standards and practices at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. They are regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel or lift/carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
Job Title: Customer Service Representative (Life or Annuities)
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Director, Client Services
Location: Windsor, CT/Fully Flexible
Penn Insurance and Annuity of New York (affiliate of Penn Mutual) is forming a new client services team to process and service our life and annuity business. The team will be located in our Windsor, CT location. This team is essential to our business, as they are the face of our company, providing critical interactions with our financial professionals and their clients. Our Customer Service Representatives own the relationship with our valued customers and have the rewarding responsibility of shaping the image of our company. You will handle a variety of in-bound calls from our clients via an 800 line providing stellar service as well as delivering policy/contract administration support. We are searching for candidates with all levels of experience for this role, from entry-level to more seasoned representatives.
- Learns all facets of universal & variable life insurance and/or annuities and the products sold
- Handles simple to complex in-bound calls from our clients/financial professionals and answers questions regarding their life or annuity product and/or servicing needs
- Processes routine non-financial transactions and documents records with consistent quality, attention to detail, and according to department policies and procedures
- Investigates and follows up on questions/issues to resolve concerns in an accurate and timely manner
- Accepts ownership of the interaction and provides a high caliber of service and follow-through, escalating more complex issues as appropriate
- Interprets each request and navigates multiple administration systems as well as our workflow and imaging tools to gain and document needed information
- Recommends and facilitates process changes to continuously improve the customer experience
- Adheres to Service Level of Agreements (SLAs) and individual/team metrics
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with universal and variable life insurance/annuity products preferred
Skills & Abilities
- A customer service attitude that translates professionalism, confidence as well as a ‘smile’ over the phone
- Ability to comprehend and articulate information
- Ability to learn and adapt in ever changing and upgrading technology
- Executes with urgency and professionalism
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Willingness and proven ability to work on multiple tasks and adapt to a changing work environment
- Strong technical skills with the ability to navigate within multiple systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – the ability to see beyond the obvious into what may be intended
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Vantis Life Insurance Company/Penn Mutual is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran’s status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout the company are available to Penn Mutual and Vantis Life Associates and external candidates and are evaluated on the basis of position qualifications.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
Let us help you put the pieces together for your career opportunity. For more information, contact or submit a resume to HR@vantislife.com.